Tel: 01938 556 000
Holiday and Travel Insurance Cover
We all love our holidays, but what if you fall ill or have an accident; you could have money or luggage stolen; your holiday might be cancelled or cut short through injury or illness; you might have a road accident or have your car stolen. All these risks and more can be covered by a holiday insurance policy.
Although taking out travel insurance should be one of the first things on the list when travelling abroad, it is often not even considered for trips made within the UK. On the face of it, this seems fairly obvious. After all, if you have an accident on a domestic holiday there is no chance of having to re-mortgage your house in order to pay for the medical expenses.
Make sure that the insurance you take out matches your need. Your policy should include:
- emergency medical treatment, hospitalisation and repatriation (being returned to the UK)
- 24-hour emergency assistance - some insurance companies offer an around-the-clock helpline in case you have a serious problem
- personal liability - if someone is injured or their property is damaged by you or something belonging to you, they could make a claim against you
- you having to cut short or cancel your trip, as you may be liable to pay the full cost or part of the cost if you cancel
- the replacement cost of your personal possessions, including money and documents - your policy will specify limits
- scheduled airline failure insurance (SAFI) - this may be useful if you are travelling independently and are concerned about extra costs you could face if your airline went bust